Growth Stage Finalists Presenting at BVC
- Pet Hub (Wenatchee, WA) – A central hub to manage your pet’s life, helping owners share data safely while also finding trusted services and information.
- Plover (Portland, OR) – Disrupting the carwash industry with the world’s most efficient and precise robotic carwash system.
- PypeServer (Seattle, WA) – Software that automates the cutting of industrial steel pipe for construction and industrial uses.
- RexPay (Phoenix, AZ) – A mobile app where patients can easily understand, manage and pay all their medical bills and track insurance information in one place.
- The Accessory Junkie – (Portland, OR) A pioneering, new e-commerce model that connects customers with hard-to-find products from around the world.
How the BVC Competition Works
At BVC, there are three competition categories – Growth Stage, Early Stage, and Impact, with three to five finalists (companies) selected in each category. Applicant companies for all categories can be located anywhere in the United States.
GROWTH STAGE: Companies applying in the growth stage competition typically:
- Have a proven concept;
- Have generated initial revenues;
- Are prepared to scale quickly with investment.
All applicants, regardless of whether or not they are a finalist, have the opportunity to receive feedback from the investor group. Growth Stage finalists could collect $250,000* or more.
Growth Stage Application Process
- 2020 Company Applications will be accepted from Wednesday, July 8th through Thursday, August 13, 2020.
- Applications need to be submitted through GUST here.
- Screening for finalists. Once all applications are received in Gust, BVC investors select five Growth Stage companies deemed to have the most feasible and compelling business plans.
- Due diligence of finalists. After the five Growth Stage companies are notified of their selection to present, volunteers and investors from the BVC, LLC begin a comprehensive due diligence review that is completed during the six weeks leading up to the conference. Investor leads will host a series of interviews and meetings with each company and report back strengths and weaknesses to the larger investing committee. At the conference, each Growth Stage company has eight minutes to present to the audience, followed by Q&A.
Growth Stage Timeline
July 8, 2020
Applications open to present at BVC
August 13, 2020
Last day for applying companies to submit their application
September 16 & 23, 2020
Company Pitches during weekly Due Diligence meetings occur with the BVC, LLC investors
October 1, 2020
Five finalist Growth Stage companies are announced
October 15 – 16, 2020
BVC rehearsal, seminars, reception, and competition. The BVC will be held at the Tower Theatre in downtown Bend.