BEND, Ore. – September 23, 2016 – Economic Development for Central Oregon (EDCO), host of the 13th Annual Bend Venture Conference (BVC), has announced the five Early Stage finalists that will vie for the $15K BendBroadband Business cash prize at BVC on Friday, October 14, 2016.
In alphabetical order, the five Early Stage finalists, selected by audience vote at last night’s sold out PubTalk are:
- CushCore: Manufactures an Inner-Tire Suspension System for mountain bikes.
- Fire Funder: Crowdfunding platform for the outdoor and sports community.
- Free Rain Designs: Creator of two backyard products – The Cube, an aesthetically pleasing option for rainwater collection, and The Hexagarden, a raised bed gardening system.
- Hytchr: Mobile photo/video crowdsourcing application powered by blockchain technology.
- InvestiPro: Cloud-based software platform that simplifies how employers conduct workplace investigations.
“In just three short weeks, these five Early Stage companies will present at the Bend Venture Conference to compete for $15,000,” said Brian Vierra, Venture Catalyst for EDCO. “They are a diverse group representing a wide breadth of different industries, so I’m excited to see what happens.”
The 13th Annual Bend Venture Conference takes place on Thursday, October 13 and Friday, October 14, 2016, with events happening throughout both days. For more information or to buy a ticket, visit 2016 Bend Venture Conference.
About the Bend Venture Conference
The Bend Venture Conference (BVC), hosted by Economic Development for Central Oregon, is the largest angel conference in the Pacific Northwest. This year, the conference is divided into three competition categories that consist of Social Impact, Early Stage and Growth Stage companies vying for investment and cash prizes. In 2015, more than 465 attendees, 50 prominent investors and 65 companies joined us for a celebration of entrepreneurship and close to $1 million was awarded to multiple winners. For more information, visit www.bendvc.com.
About Economic Development for Central Oregon
Celebrating its 35th year, Economic Development for Central Oregon (EDCO) is a non-profit corporation supported by private and public members and stakeholders, whose mission is to create middle-class jobs in Central Oregon by recruiting new employers to move to the region, helping entrepreneurs start new, scalable businesses, and working with businesses that are already here to grow their operations. For more information, visit www.edcoinfo.com.
Venture Catalyst Manager, EDCO
541.388.3236 x5Read More...