Growth Stage Competition
Companies applying in the growth stage competition typically:
- Have a proven concept
- Have generated initial revenues
- Are prepared to scale quickly with investment
As a Growth Stage company, you do not need to be from Central Oregon to apply or to win. All applicants, regardless of whether or not they are a finalist, have the opportunity to receive feedback from the investor group. Growth Stage finalists could collect $250,000* or more.
Early Stage Competition
Companies applying in the early stage competition typically:
- Have a great idea, and are close to “proof of concept”
- Are pre, or very early, revenue
- Are in the process of testing their product in the market
As an Early Stage company, you do not need to be from Central Oregon to apply or to win. The winner of this category could be awarded a $25,000* investment, courtesy of Portland Seed Fund.
Companies applying in the Impact competition:
- Are for-profit enterprises that can be pre or post revenue, but are still early in the evolution of their business.
- Have a social and/or environmental mission integrated into their business model such that it is a core competency and not an “add-on.”
- Companies should be aiming to generate long-term enterprise value and attractive returns on capital.
Applicants can be located anywhere in the U.S. to apply or win. All applicants, regardless of whether or not they are a finalist, have the opportunity to receive feedback from the investor group. The winner of this category could receive an investment of $50,000*.
*Bend Venture Conference cannot guarantee that investments will be made in any specific amount, because the final amounts to be awarded are dependent on investment commitments received from third-party investors and the ability of the winning companies and the investors to agree on the terms and conditions of the investment.