2019 BVC Growth, Impact & Early Stage Finalists
The companies below companies in the Growth, Impact and Early Stage Competitions will present later this month on the historic Tower Theatre stage in Downtown Bend. Last year, companies in the Growth Stage category won prizes ranging from $100,000 to $500,000. This year the Impact Category winner could walk away with $50,000. The Early Stage winner could walk away with a $25,000 investment, courtesy of Portland Seed Fund.
In alphabetical order, the five Growth Stage finalists are:
- Belmont (Portland, OR.) – Providing break rooms with coffee, simplified draft beverages and fully-managed pantry service using proprietary technology.
- Candid Wholesale (Portland, OR) – A suite of enterprise-grade tools for SME wholesalers, providing a SaaS platform where buyers can make orders and manage relationships.
- Observa (Seattle, WA) – An AI platform bringing ecommerce-style analytics to brick-and-mortar retail.
- SendSmart (Portland, OR) – Automates web lead follow up on multiple communication channels, connecting salespeople with leads once they’ve responded.
- ThingLogix (Belmont, CA) – Provides companies with the expertise and tools to design, build, deploy and manage serverless and IoT Applications on the cloud.
In alphabetical order, the four Impact Stage finalists are:
- Beta Hatch (Seattle, WA) – Farming for the future by industrializing insects. They grow feed and fertilizers from insects for farmers.
- Meli Wraps (Bend, OR) – Creators of reusable beeswax wraps for food storage.
- Riff Cold Brewed (Bend, OR) – Upcycling coffee byproduct into an all-natural energy drink.
- Sironix Renewables (Seattle, WA) – Maker of high-performance, eco-friendly ingredients for cleaning products.
In alphabetical order, the five Early Stage finalists are:
- FleetNurse Inc. (Eugene, OR) – An app-based on-demand staffing service for healthcare facility supervisors.
- Lisi Global, Inc. (Richland, WA) – Environmentally safe, patented electronics technology that eradicates soil pests and pathogens.
- Speak Technologies (Portland, OR) – A time-saving productivity tool using AI to follow-up on meetings by automatically capturing notes, key decisions and action items.
- Steamchain Corp (Salem, OR) – Steamchain is a Financial Technology company that has created a platform using smart contracts, blockchain technology and proprietary processes to simplify international B2B payments.
- TerrAmor (Corvallis, OR) – A low-cost, easy to deploy, organic-certified solution for soft fruit growers to address the spotted wing drosophila problem.
Find more information about the competition categories here.
View last year’s final award details here.