EDCO ANNOUNCES THE 2020 BVC EARLY STAGE SEMI-FINALISTS
Ten companies to present at the September 24th PubTalk: Road to BVC
BEND, Ore. – September 15, 2020 – Economic Development for Central Oregon (EDCO) announced the 10 semi-finalist companies advancing in the Early Stage competition for the 17th Annual Bend Venture Conference (BVC) on Thursday, October 15 – Friday, October 16, 2020. This group of companies is one step closer to presenting at BVC, competing for an investment of $30,000 from Portland Seed Fund.
The following Early Stage semi-finalists will pitch against each other at the September 24th PubTalk: Road to BVC. This high-energy entrepreneurial event showcases the BVC Early Stage semi-finalists as they deliver fast-paced, three-minute pitches to a live and virtual crowd. The audience, along with an expert panel of judges, will vote to decide which five companies advance to present at BVC on October 15-16, 2020.
This event will be held in-person and live streamed virtually straight from three rooms at McMenamins. If you plan to join in-person, know that COVID-19 precautions will be in place and space is highly limited.
In alphabetical order, the 10 BVC Early Stage semi-finalists that will compete at the September 24th PubTalk are:
- ADHERE GEAR Technology Corp. (Portland, OR) – Deploying shared-use luggage and travel gear for passengers to create a safer and cleaner environment for their personal items.
- Cozera (Portland, OR) – Creating verified digital identities for remote & in-person identity verification to increase customer satisfaction and deter identity fraud, saving time and money.
- FoxFace Systems (Camas, WA) – Providing an easy and affordable online platform for the affordable housing compliance process.
- Grid Rival (Portland, OR) – A social gaming application for the motorsports obsessed, fusing fantasy-style gaming and betting with content and built-in social functionality.
- innov8.ag (Walla Walla, WA) – Empowering growers with data, bringing together disparate on & off-farm data, enabling farmers to make informed management decisions based on machine learning.
- Masa (Portland, OR) – The first online farmers market, bringing farmers markets to people via an online marketplace (think Etsy for farmers).
- Mind Current (Beaverton, OR) – Providing private, personalized, real-time suggestions from experts to enhance employee performance and reduce stress.
- MustDeliver (Portland, OR) – A digital marketplace delivering industry-leading clarity, control & communication between shippers and drivers in the trucking business.
- Tonsil Tech (Bend, OR) – At-home handheld device to remove tonsil stones painlessly and effectively.
- YesOMS (Bend, OR) – A platform for merchants and brand owners to offer a superior user experience to their customers through their own branded mobile application.
4:00 pm to 4:30 pm Networking, drinks & appetizers
4:30 pm to 6:45 pm Early Stage Company Pitches, Audience Vote, Winner Announcement
PubTalk Cost and Registration
In-Person: $26 EDCO & OEN Members (Become a member here.); $36 Non-Members
Virtual: $10 EDCO & OEN Members; $15 Non-Members
In-person attendance will take into account COVID19 precautions and includes appetizers and a free beverage (choice of beer, wine, or soda).
Tickets to the September 24th PubTalk are on sale now. Register for in-person ticket here; register for virtual tickets here.
Tickets to the 17th Annual Bend Venture Conference are on sale now and are available here.
PubTalk Title Sponsors
About Bend Venture Conference (BVC)
The Bend Venture Conference is an annual celebration of entrepreneurship, innovation and connections. Now in its 17th year, BVC, is one of the largest angel conferences in the country. Over the past six years, more than $11 million has been invested in 38 companies as a result of the conference. This year’s conference will take place both in-person in Bend, Oregon, and virtually online on October 15-16, 2020, gathering entrepreneurs, investors and business leaders. bendvc.com
About Economic Development for Central Oregon (EDCO)
EDCO is a non-profit corporation supported by private and public members and stakeholders, whose mission is to create middle-class jobs in Central Oregon by recruiting new employers to move to the region; helping entrepreneurs start new, scalable businesses; and working with businesses that are already here to grow their operations. edcoinfo.com